Monday, June 13, 2011

Beads... and Bowls!?!

Last week while attending the LaBa Street Art Festival I purchased a beautiful green bowl made of recycled paper to show the women. On Monday in Kireka I unveiled my find to the group. While they seemed intrigued by the possibility of a new product (and upon seeing it immediately started a dynamic conversation about how the bowl was crafted), we were busy filling a bulk bead order (as well as making sure Baby Cody didn't swallow any beads), and I figured we'd have a more in depth conversation about a new item later in the summer.
Yum.
While back in Kireka on Wednesday, however, Elder surprised me with a beautiful set of paper bowls that she'd created. While already of great quality, with a few finishing touches to the bowls, Elder and Women of Kireka may have a new product that will allow them to break into the world of eco-friendly home goods.
Elder's Bowls.

And Again.

1 comment: